Sunday, November 3, 2013

Book Binding

This is a great tip from my friend Kathy F....how many times do you want to sew and follow a process in a book, but it won't stay open so you find something heavy to sit on it. In this case, I was working with Patsy Thompson's Feather Adventures! book which (trust me on this) I need to follow closely.


I kept the book open in this photo with a great pair of shears my father-in-law gave me in a leather sheath. (Gorgeous, aren't they?). But turning the pages is hard and I'm struggling enough with the feathers; I don't want to fight with the book too!

Here's the tip...for less than $5, you can go to Kinko's (and maybe other printers too) and have the book rebound with a comb binding. They cut off the binding that's on the book, and then they have  a machine that will put the holes in the book so that the comb can be added. Voila! Much easier to work with.



I think this would be a good idea for some cookbooks as well. Hope you like this idea. Any tip that makes it easier to complete a project is a tip worth sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment