Thursday, September 25, 2014

Quilt Blocks are Fini

I'm so happy to say that the blocks for the front of my North Market quilt are officially done.  And I'm proud to say that every single one is different...

This is from my favorite and very first t-shirt:


Steelers black and gold here. Gotta love it if you're from the burgh:


This t-shirt is from the wine festival and is a real piece of art, so I didn't want to add too much busy fabric. While the leaves aren't grape leaves, they give that feeling I think.


A few different shades of green here and a lesson learned. Can you see what happened in this photo?


Here's the scoop: some of the t-shirts and aprons were silk screened with a rubber-like graphic. And when a too hot iron was used, the ink streaked. Lesson to the wise; be careful with the heat setting on the iron, it's not like working with quilting cotton.



The color of this t-shirt was a bit difficult to coordinate colorwise, so I introduced some turquoise and off white:


Here's the last one...a wonky log cabin.


Now I move to step 2: framing each block with a black fabric with a slight white stylized feather.

1 comment: