Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Repurposing Tins


I'm sure I'm not the only one who loves the little mints that come in little tins. Lots of companies make them. There are Altoids and Starbucks just to name a couple. Oh, and then there is jewelry that comes to you in tins as well. I especially like the Brighton tins because quite often my initial B is on top and who doesn't love something monogrammed?




But what do you do with those sweet little tins? In the book club I belong to we found that we all enjoy handwork (we do everything but read in book club...loooong story). I put together a little sewing kit with small notions in one of my tins. (The nail clippers aren't for a quick manicure; they're just smaller than my scissors and clip threads nicely.) It snaps closed nice and secure and is easy to toss in my bag.



 What do you use these cute tins for? I'd also like to know if you do any art on the outside to customize them. Leave a comment and share your ideas for these fabulous tins.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment