Thursday, April 10, 2014

Embroidery Con't.!

I'm still working on my grande Stupendous Stitching. I'm at the stage where I'm embellishing with hand embroidery and beading and enjoying every stitch.

I thought in this post I'd show some of my favorite sections of my wall hanging and show you how to do a favorite stitch.

The one thing I'd like to say I've learned; even if you do the stitch differently than a book or web site shows, it doesn't matter. It's a great opportunity to turn the lemons into lemonade! That's kinda what happened here...I struggled a bit with the stitch but enjoyed how it turned out and add a few beads; what's not to like?!

 
I like this yellow stitch too. I wanted to just go wherever my fingers led me and I came up with this fun wandering stitch that goes from east to west on my piece..


Here's the Double Knot Stitch that I wanted to show. I found it in Mary Thomas's Dictionary of Embroidery Stitches New Edition by Jan Eaton. Once again, I have this one going the entire width of my piece.


Here's how you do it:  Take a stitch and bring the needle  right up next to where you entered.


Loop the threads underneath the initial stitch. Bring it around and hold the loop down with your thumb. Now slide the needle underneath the initial stitch and then over where you came up the second time. Whew! Thank goodness it's easier to do it than to write! Take a look:


Give it a tug and you have a lovely little knotted stitch.


Give this stitch a try, you'll get the hang of it in no time. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment