Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thought You'd Like to Know

This week I'd like to share some creative things that different people out there are doing...

The first is one of my favorite sewing accessories: it's a pincushion ring.


I bought it in December from Bee Wise Bags on Etsy. It's just so handy to stick a pin in as I'm stitching. And as I move from my machine to the ironing board; it's right there with me. I don't have to look around to see where I left my pin cushion. There are a lot of different styles out there so I encourage you to go out and take a look.

The other thing I wanted to share is a tutorial I found through Pinterest. It's called a Selvage Bag and was designed by Heather Louise. You can see it on her blog How Do You Do That Again but the really clever part is how the snap closure works. You know the kind; you pull the sides to open it then when you push the  sides together it snaps closed. Heather uses a couple of pieces from a metal measuring tape for the closure. Brilliant! I had hoped to stitch one up for this post, but that just isn't going to happen, so I wanted to be sure to share. Take a look and give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment