Thursday, April 3, 2014

Design Wall Workout

Still working on those baby quilts. I have the half square triangles all cut (woo hoo!). So I spread them out on the floor like I am used to doing. Then out of the corner of my eye, I saw my design wall. I've been using it to hang up unfinished projects (so it was kinda full). I decided to suck it up and take them all down making room for my first baby quilt.

I am happy to say that it did help tremendously. I was able to actually move the blocks around spreading out the pale pinks and aqua in a pleasing format that I was sure I couldn't do on the floor.

Then I was ready to start sewing the blocks together. Thinking back to past projects, I remembered how easy it is for me to sew the wrong two blocks together even though I carefully stack them all up.

I decided to use blue painters tape and label each piece: rows were numbers and columns were letters.

Here's a close up:


I'm happy to say it worked beautifully.  
 
By taking a little time to use the tape, I saved time which would have been spent ripping out. Win win!

No comments:

Post a Comment