Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday's Super Tip - Broken Needles

Yesterday I was working on my coin purse demo. After stitching a seam, I thought that perhaps I'd switch over and try a zig zag stitch. So, I changed the setting on my machine and...you know what happened, don't you...


UGH! The opening on my quilting foot doesn't have the space for the needle to stitch a zig to the left and a zag to the right. So the needle broke.

In addition to getting a new needle, I needed to dispose of the broken one. I keep an old plastic prescription bottle for just this purpose.


I put broken needles as well as bent pins in the container. It has that child-proof lid, so you know they are all safe inside until you can dispose of the container. No need to worry about anyone getting stabbed when the trash is emptied or little toes stepping on the sharp pieces.

Hope you like this idea. Any tip that makes it easier to complete a project is a tip worth sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment