Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sunday's Super Tip - Marking

I don't know about you but when I'm sewing something around the edge and need to start and stop at certain points, I tend to be so focused on the sewing that I keep on stitching. Then I have to rip out  - yuck. That is something I really don't like to spend my time doing.

Here's a tip that I try to use...when pinning the fabric I either put two pins right next to each other where I'm supposed to start/stop or I place the pins in a different direction.


You can see in the photo above that not only did I change the way the points are facing on the left and right but I also used a different style of pin. With any luck, this gives me a visual queue that something is different and then the little light bulb blinks on (and usually it's not just a little Christmas twinkle light)  telling me I need to do something different.

Hope you like this idea. Any tip that makes it easier to complete a project is a tip worth sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment