Sunday, September 15, 2013

Iron Envy

This post is about my iron envy. Yes, I can admit to being green with envy. Here's what happened...

My friend Sheila told us at a Magpie Quilters meeting that she had a cordless iron. I could just picture it; when I needed to press a big quilt ready to be quilted, I wouldn't have to calculate the length of the cord and distance from the electrical outlet. I could iron a quilt block without having the cord for the iron catching on the corner and wrinkling all of my meticulously pressed work.Why hadn't anyone thought of it sooner?? 

I told myself that whenever the time came for me to pitch my old iron; I would get a cordless.  Then one day it happened...I realized that the cord was fraying and water was leaking ( I swear I didn't destroy it so I could get a new iron) (I wouldn't do that kind of thing!). Finally the time had come.

I did my research. There are a couple companies that make them. But when I read the reviews, it was apparent they were not all created equal. Some of the bases were smaller and it meant that I would have to be a bit more careful and aware of how I sat it on the base.

I made the decision and went with a Panasonic and I love it as much as I hoped. I holds the heat for a minute or two before I have to put it back in the base which is really quite fine with me.



So if you're in the market for a new iron, I highly recommend the cordless. You'll thank me later!

2 comments:

  1. I have one...in the box for about 4 years now! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should get that puppy out of the box! You'll be glad you did.

    ReplyDelete